Saturday, October 19, 2013

Ebenezer Stones for Today

I don't want us to forget the little "helps" the Lord is sending us right now in the midst of trial, so I'm going to try and record them as they come...
  1. Peeter and Carolyn L. gave us Beside Still Waters by Charles Spurgeon with the inscription "May the God of comfort be known to you afresh."
  2. Susan R. gave me a collection of meditations by John Piper, A Godward Life.
  3. Sue H. randomly made us dinner because she wanted to do something for our family.
  4. Already so many emails, texts, notes, offers to help and little gifts from our parents/family and friends.
  5. Annie and Allan staying here with the kids for two nights for our first U of M appointment day.
  6. Hearing the little girls talking in bed about how much they love girl babies, how cute her little feet are going to be, and how they are probably going to hold her every day.  They kiss her on my belly every night when I check on them.  (These make me cry, but they are precious).
  7. The Corrie ten Boom quote Christy D. sent me because she knows I love her:  "Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength."
  8. Grandma's china sugar bowl mom gave me with promises from the Bible inside that she wrote on slips of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment