Saturday, September 5, 2015

She's officially a walker!

One of my favorite things is to watch a brand new walker and the way they stumble around on shrimpy little legs looking like a drunk Frankenstein. There were multiple times last year we didn't think that would ever happen with our dear Louisa Joy. I'll never forget the weekend after her second open heart surgery when she screamed and arched her back in pain for 3 solid days, and we just had to watch helplessly. It felt like almost every specialist in that hospital saw her and didn't have an answer. That bought us a CT scan and an MRI where they found yet another hemorrhage in her brain as well as 3 different strokes. They told us we would just have to wait and see if and how much she would improve. She had been through so much already, once again I felt all my hopes and dreams for her slipping away. And now at 19 months old, that makes each milestone so much sweeter, so much more incredible and miraculous to witness. What a gift we have been given to so clearly see how each little stage of development is a particular grace. Sometimes I have to just sit and watch her putz around for a while, and every single time I watch her I think about the Lord's mercy to us. Who would've thought watching this for the 7th time could bring such crazy joy. But that's what this girl does. I don't know how many days the Lord will let Louisa take steps on this earth, but I wouldn't want her any other way. Today I can thank the Lord for Louisa's half heart and all we've been given through it.

       
I think the caramel macchiato definitely gave her that extra boost of energy.


Summer sweetness
One of Lou's favorite people in the world - Dada #2


No comments:

Post a Comment