At 6 PM things were stable enough for us to get our arms around her again. It had been 12.5 days since we last held her. I know others have had to wait longer, I don't think I could have waited another second. Thanks for praying so hard for Louisa. I really do feel that what you see below is because the Lord heard your prayers and because he loves to give good gifts to his children, he answered them. If you're a prayer warrior, thanks, keep them coming. If you've wondered whether God exists in the middle of this mess of a world we all live in, I hope this encourages you to consider that He is here and it makes perfect sense to Him. You can trust Him. And maybe you've struggled to remember if the God you serve is mighty and present and fully capable of all things. Maybe you've felt He was distant. I know I've struggled with these thoughts in the last 2 weeks. I hope what you see below will remind you of the truth you know and profess. I am convinced that this is nothing less than our Heavenly Father taking good pleasure in answering the prayers of his people on behalf of our darling Louisa. I can never say thank you enough. I love her. She is so beautiful. I hope you can enjoy her too.
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
I held my baby today.
A week ago I received the greatest birthday present ever -- my Louisa got off ECMO. It was a long 7 days of "maybe tomorrow"s. But the maybe tomorrow turned into 2 PM today for removing the ventilator tube. It was a beautiful moment. Her raspy little voice barely eking out a squeak of triumph! It's been 6 hours since, which is the first milestone to reach. They'll be rechecking her blood gasses to see if she's handing things ok. We hope and pray that she'll make it to the 24-hour mark and things will settle right down.
At 6 PM things were stable enough for us to get our arms around her again. It had been 12.5 days since we last held her. I know others have had to wait longer, I don't think I could have waited another second. Thanks for praying so hard for Louisa. I really do feel that what you see below is because the Lord heard your prayers and because he loves to give good gifts to his children, he answered them. If you're a prayer warrior, thanks, keep them coming. If you've wondered whether God exists in the middle of this mess of a world we all live in, I hope this encourages you to consider that He is here and it makes perfect sense to Him. You can trust Him. And maybe you've struggled to remember if the God you serve is mighty and present and fully capable of all things. Maybe you've felt He was distant. I know I've struggled with these thoughts in the last 2 weeks. I hope what you see below will remind you of the truth you know and profess. I am convinced that this is nothing less than our Heavenly Father taking good pleasure in answering the prayers of his people on behalf of our darling Louisa. I can never say thank you enough. I love her. She is so beautiful. I hope you can enjoy her too.
At 6 PM things were stable enough for us to get our arms around her again. It had been 12.5 days since we last held her. I know others have had to wait longer, I don't think I could have waited another second. Thanks for praying so hard for Louisa. I really do feel that what you see below is because the Lord heard your prayers and because he loves to give good gifts to his children, he answered them. If you're a prayer warrior, thanks, keep them coming. If you've wondered whether God exists in the middle of this mess of a world we all live in, I hope this encourages you to consider that He is here and it makes perfect sense to Him. You can trust Him. And maybe you've struggled to remember if the God you serve is mighty and present and fully capable of all things. Maybe you've felt He was distant. I know I've struggled with these thoughts in the last 2 weeks. I hope what you see below will remind you of the truth you know and profess. I am convinced that this is nothing less than our Heavenly Father taking good pleasure in answering the prayers of his people on behalf of our darling Louisa. I can never say thank you enough. I love her. She is so beautiful. I hope you can enjoy her too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So wonderful!!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful news! Thanks for the update and we will continue giving thanks and lifting up prayers!
ReplyDeletethe tears are streaming as I read! Praise God! Prayers, prayers and more prayers for you all. God is so good!
ReplyDeleteWonderful news in a beautifully written story. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this journey and to be prayer warriors for Louisa!
ReplyDeleteShe is just beautiful. I am so happy to read this and the wonderful news. Glad to see the amazing photos of her and the rest of the family. Continuing to pray for you all. Good is great!!
ReplyDeleteHallelujah! To see you hold Louisa is a joy! God is good.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing all this!! Such a privilege to be praying for you all! Your girls faces are priceless!!
ReplyDeleteThese are such beautiful pics you guys! God is good!
ReplyDeleteShe is so beautiful and what a fighter she is. Keep up the good work Louisa. Sending prayers your way.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sights and sounds. What a blessing!
ReplyDeleteOh, happy day!
ReplyDeleteRejoicing with you. And continuing to pray.
I am hopeful that she will continue to make strides (no matter how small they are). I will be always praying for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteEkram
Beautiful! Praying for Louisa and your family.
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful! Enjoy every second! Praying for your family.
ReplyDeleteMarci
Praise the Lord! I will continue to pray for Louisa and your sweet family!
ReplyDeletePraising God for the miracles & for continued healing!! Is there anything specifically we can all be praying about for Louisa's siblings & all the loving friends & family who are helping at home? <3
ReplyDeleteNic, you've taken such good care of my family and I am so happy to hear that God is taking such good care of your wonderful family and blessed you with this amazing miracle.
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful!!!
ReplyDelete