Monday, January 27, 2014

Some good news! Louisa rocks her low-flow echo!

Dear friends, family, and all you strangers!  Please keep praying.  Our baby has a long way to go, but took a big step forward this morning!  The Lord is hearing your prayers.  Be encouraged and don't be afraid to ask for more!

They did a trial slowing down the ECMO flow to see how her heart would respond and it did better than they thought it would.  It has strength and it was maintaining good flow and good blood pressure.  They didn't have to even increase the blood pressure medicines!  This is all VERY good news.  They're letting her heart "exercise" a bit, then they'll go back on the machine at full flow again to give her heart some rest before trying to get off the machine tomorrow.  It might not work tomorrow, they caution us, but we should be encouraged with what we're seeing today.

So, may your faith be encouraged.  The Lord has heard your prayers.

Check out what we found when we came back to her room (the blubbering father providing the audio would be me...)


22 comments:

  1. That's the sweetest thing that I have EVER seen and heard. Big hugs to all.
    Cindy & Bruce Gaugush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God!! You are still in our thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad to be saying a big "THANK YOU!" to God along with our prayers for continued healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears of joy! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet baby! Continuing to pray for her healing and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious girl, enjoying that head. Praying

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise the Lord & Yippee! I will continue praying for sweet little Louisa, her doctors, nurses and her family. She is just beautiful. BTW no "freaking out" here unless you call praising God for this wonderfully awesome good news. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is beautiful! What wonderful praise!! Our family is praying for the transition off ECMO to be smooth! I bet she loves hearing your voices. The Portnoy Family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continuing prayers of complete healing for your sweet Louisa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precious, precious, precious girl. I'm so glad His mercies were new for her and your family this morning, and I pray that little Louisa will grow stronger and stronger each day until she is free of tubes and machines, though I thank God for those tubes and the machine that are helping to sustain her. Thank you for sharing this beautiful moment with the people who are praying for you and your gorgeous baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is your blubbering friend Lois between tears Thanking God for such a Blessing and continuing to ask him for more. give each other a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many eyes are watching as God unfolds His plan, but just as importantly, they are seeing a couple of great faith! We continue to pray along with you.
    Steve and Becky Estle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could watch that over and over and over! What a beautiful baby girl. Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy to hear this wonderful news. You all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dakota said to tell Louisa that she is sorry she had to have surgery. She loves her and is thinking of her. :) We love you all and are continuing to pray for more glorious news!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is so beautiful. My family will pray for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Go little warrior. Be brave for your parents and get better soon. I know that you are not worried because you can still see the angels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You don't know me, but I've read every post through tear filled eyes. Prayers, from one "heart baby" family to another (although, mine didn't have to head down to Mott until he was a year old). She is such a strong, little miracle! I'll keep the prayers coming!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Prayers for this beautiful baby and her loving family. Special prayers for her doctors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beauty!
    You all don't know me, but I heard about this blog from a friend and just want to try and encourage you with my story (shortened).
    When our baby was born she had a hypoxic injury to her brain and was in the NICU for 3 weeks! We were told of how sick she was and how she may never walk or talk or eat on her own... etc. It was so hard everyday but, One thing stands out: God is sovereign and totally see & hears you! One prayer at a time, One day at a time! He will give you the breath, He will walk with you. Jesus is full of compassion! We will be praying! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. okay... Luke is my husband and I could NOT figure out how to change my login, so, just to add on, so he isn't all - wait, I dont remember writing this.
    I am not sure of where you guys live, but if your close and need help with anything, food, cleaning, etc. It would be a pleasure for us to help.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was so touched by this video. This has to be the BEST video I have EVER seen on UTUBE, hands down. Gods Love is unwavering.

    ReplyDelete